Saturday, February 8, 2020

Long Time No See - Better Than Me



Hello, I am back!

When I work I usually listen to a random playlist at Spotify. Today, while I was replying to some emails and getting ready for the next session in a 8-weeks program 'My New Perception' with one of my students/clients, my ears have caught this song.

At the end of the song, few girls sing along. For my ears, it sounded like some kids are singing. And I started to listen to the lyrics. OMG! My mind immediately started to create a story around the song:  a young woman with two kids who has been left by her husband/partner feels hurt and she shares her fillings with her kids through singing this song in a car.

You see, my mind is a problem solver, always in charge and always busy. The mentor/coach/therapist part of me is always on guard and searching for better solutions, approaches, ways. Always learning and analyzing.

Luckily, I've learned a long time ago that our mind is not something that we can trust. It has the nature of monkey, jumping around and changing stories all the time. And our perception is like a horse with blinders. It gets only a tiny bit of the whole, only from one corner.

I immediately watched the video, learned the truth (no kids in this video) and laughed to 'my inner movie'.

I have learned how to handle my mind and perception properly so I don't react on my inner made-up stories like I used to when I was younger.

This funny and insignificant adventure of my mind, perception, and imagination inspired me to share it here and to revive this blog.

If your life is full of stories of your/mind/perception/imagination and you don't fully recognize this and believe them and you bring decisions and act upon them I know you have huge space for improving your life. Check all available info and angles of the story/event before deciding and acting.

YOUR MIND IS NOT YOUR GOD  





No comments:

Post a Comment